Whether you're planning for the birth of your first child or welcoming a new addition, Bailey Medical Center is focused on the needs of the entire family - mom, dad and baby.
You’ll be surrounded by a caring staff and luxuries that offer you all the comforts of home. Spacious birthing suites provide a calm, healing environment with warm colors, high ceilings and an oversized bathroom, complete with vanity. We also provide in-room bassinets so your baby can be with you anytime of the day or night. If any family member should choose to stay overnight, they’ll find a comfortable pull-down murphy bed.
Click here or call 918-579-DOCS (3627) to request an appointment with one of our OB/Gyn physicians.
When you’re having a baby, it’s easy to become overwhelmed with uncertainties about what to expect. That’s why we designed Bailey Babies Childbirth Classes – to give you the knowledge and skills you need to achieve a rewarding and fulfilling childbirth experience and to promote a healthy pregnancy.
Childbirth Education Classes
Led by Bailey Medical Center’s childbirth educator, this comprehensive, four-to-five-week course covers all aspects of the pregnancy and childbirth experience, including:
- How your baby is developing
- What to anticipate during your pregnancy and labor
- Relaxation and breathing techniques to make your pregnancy and labor more comfortable
- Pain relief options during labor
- Instruction in infant care and breast-feeding
- All mothers-to-be enrolled in the class receive a special diaper bag with informational inserts and coupons inside
Learn how to perform potentially life-saving infant cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) techniques from a certified CPR instructor and rest easy knowing you’re ready to respond in an emergency.
Please join us for a breastfeeding class taught by an IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) certified instructor where you will cover advantages of breastfeeding, techniques and positioning, and breast pumps.
To signup, click here.
These classes offer opportunities to ask questions, gather information and socialize with other expectant parents. All expectant mothers, fathers and support persons are invited.
For more information on class times and costs, please contact Angie Carlile,
obstetrics manager & childbirth educator at Angela.Carlile@BaileyMedicalCenter.com
Infant Safe Sleep
Every year, thousands of sleep-related deaths occur among babies. Here at Bailey, we model safe sleep practices throughout our hospital. Here are four tips that can followed by parents and caregivers to help your baby sleep safely:
1. Place your baby on his or her back for all sleep times both for naps and at night.
2. Use a firm sleeping surface, such as a mattress in a safety-approved crib.
3. Keep soft bedding such as, pillows, blankets, soft toys and bumper pads out of the sleep area of your baby.
4. Have your baby share your room, but not your bed.
When it comes to infant safe sleep, remember the ABCs. Alone on their Back in a Crib!
For more information, visit https://www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/safesleep/index.html